Act on Specified Commercial Transactions
|Representative||Representative Director,President and Corporate Officer,
|Head Office||29 Nakajima-cho, Kisshoin, Minami-ku,
|Website Name||Kyo no Ondokoro|
|Price||Depends on reservation plan.|
|Payment and timing||
|Timing of conclusion of reservation||Your reservation is concluded when the reservation completion notice is displayed on the screen.|
|About Refund||No refund after stay.|
- Article 1 (Scope of Application)
- The accommodation contract entered into between this facility and the guest and the contracts related to that shall be governed according to the provisions in this agreement. The matters not stipulated in this agreement shall be governed according to laws or generally established customs.
- If this facility complies with a special agreement within a scope that does not violate laws or customs, that special agreement shall prevail notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph.
- Article 2 (Application for an Accommodation Contract)
A person who wishes to apply for an accommodation contract with this facility shall report the following matters to this facility.
- (1) Name, gender, nationality, telephone number and e-mail address of the guest
- (2) Accommodation date and expected arrival time
- (3) Accommodation fees (according to the basic accommodation fees in Annexed Table 1 in principle)
- (4) Other matters deemed necessary by this facility
- In the event the guest requests to continue his/her stay beyond the accommodation date described in (2) in the preceding paragraph during his/her stay, this facility shall deal with this as though a new accommodation contract application has been made at the time of said request.
- Article 3 (Conclusion of an Accommodation Contract)
- An accommodation contract shall be concluded when this facility accepts an application described in the preceding article. However, this shall not apply if there is proof that this facility has not accepted said application.
- If an accommodation contract is concluded according to the provisions in the preceding paragraph, an application fee equivalent to the amount of the basic accommodation fee (room fee) of the accommodation period shall be paid by credit card by the date designated by this facility (the same time as the conclusion of the accommodation contract in principle).
- The application fee shall first be allocated to the accommodation fee that should be paid finally by the guest. If a situation applicable to the provisions in Article 6 and Article 18 arises, the said application fee shall be allocated to the contract breach penalty and then indemnities in order; any remaining amount shall then be returned upon payment of the fee according to the provisions of Article 12.
- In the event the guest fails to pay the application fee under Paragraph 2 by credit card by the date designated by this facility (the same time as the conclusion of the accommodation contract in principle) according to the provisions in the same paragraph, the accommodation contract shall be become null and void. Provided, however, that this is limited to cases in which this facility has notified the guest to that effect when designating the payment date of the application fee.
- The maximum number of consecutive days the guest can stay in this facility shall be one month.
- Article 4 (Special provision of non-requirement for paying the application fee)
- Notwithstanding the provision of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, this facility may follow the special provision specifying that it is not required to pay the application fee described in said Paragraph after the execution of the contract.
- When accepting the application for an accommodation contract, if this facility does not charge the application fee mentioned in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article or designate the due date for payment of said application fee, this facility shall be deemed to have accepted the special provision specified under the previous paragraph.
- Article 5 (Refusal to Conclude Accommodation Contract)
This facility may not enter into an accommodation contract in case of the following cases:
- (1) When the application for accommodation fails to comply with this agreement
- (2) When there are no available rooms due to full occupancy
- (3) When it is deemed that the person intending to stay in this facility is threatened to commit an act in violation of the provisions under laws, public order or good morals in relation to his/her stay
(4) When it is acknowledged that the person intending to stay in this facility falls under any of the (i) to (iii) below:
- (i) An organized crime group (hereinafter "Organized Crime Group") as stipulated in Article 2 (2) of the Law on the Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Group Members (Law 77 in 1991), an Organized Crime Group member (hereinafter "Organized Crime Group Member") as stipulated by Article 2 (6) of the same law, an Organized Crime Group associate member, Organized Crime Group stakeholder or other antisocial forces;
- (ii) Corporations or other organization whose business activities are controlled by an Organized Crime Group or an Organized Crime Group Member; or
- (iii) Other person who is a corporation whose officer falls under Organized Crime Group Members.
- (5) When it is threatened that the person intending to stay may commit, or has committed, words or deeds that may cause significant inconvenience to the neighborhood due to drunkenness or similar
- (6) When it is clear that the person intending to stay in this facility has an infectious disease
- (7) When it is deemed that a violent request has been made in relation to accommodation or a burden beyond a reasonable range has been sought
- (8) When it is impossible to provide accommodation to guests due to a natural disaster, breakdown of facilities or other unavoidable reasons
- (9) When the guest brings in dangerous materials (stoves or other tools using fire and oils) and items harmful to the human body
- (10) When such a person has been canceled an accommodation contract by this facility in the past
- (11) When such person is applicable to the cases stipulated under Article 5 of the Kyoto Prefectural Ryokan Business Law Enforcement Ordinance
- (12) When there is any justifiable reason to refuse to execute an accommodation contract other than above
- Article 6 (Right to Cancel the Contract by the Guest)
- The guest may request this facility to cancel the accommodation contract.
- In the event the guest cancels part or all of the accommodation contract due to reasons attributable to him/her (excluding the case when the guest cancels the accommodation contract before payment when this facility has designated a payment date and requested that payment according to the provisions under Article 3.2), this facility shall charge a penalty money according to the provisions described in Appendix 2.
- If the guest does not arrive by 5 p.m. (or after one hour from the expected arrival time previously specified) on the accommodation date without notice, this facility may deem the said accommodation contract has been canceled by the guest.
- Article 7 (Right to Cancel the Contract by This Facility)
This facility shall cancel the accommodation contract in the following cases:
- (1) When it is acknowledged that the guest may commit, or has committed, an act in violation of the provisions of laws, public order or good morals in relation to his/her stay
(2) When it is deemed that the guest falls under any of the following items (i) to (iii):
- (i) An Organized Crime Group, and Organized Crime Group Member, an Organized Crime Group associated member, an Organized Crime Group stakeholder or other antisocial forces
- (ii) Corporations or other organizations whose business activities are controlled by an Organized Crime Group or an Organized Crime Group Member
- (iii) A corporation any of whose officer or executive falls under Organized Crime Group Members
- (3) When it is deemed that the guest may commit, or has committed, words or deeds that may cause significant inconvenience to the neighborhood due to drunkenness, loud singing, bustle, singing and dancing, or musical performances
- (4) When it is clearly acknowledged that the guest has an infectious disease
- (5) When it is deemed that a violent request has been made in relation to accommodation or a burden beyond a reasonable range has been sought
- (6) When it is impossible to provide accommodation due to a reason caused by a force majeure (e.g. natural disaster)
- (7) When the guest smokes in the facilities, interferes with firefighting equipment or otherwise fails to comply with the prohibition provisions of Usage Rules provided by this facility (except to the extent necessary to prevent fires)
- (8) When it is clearly acknowledged that the guest is insolvent
- (9) When it is deemed that the guest is acting suspiciously
- (10) When the guest has gambled or committed any other act that is illegal or interferes with public morals
- (11) When the guest falls under any of the provisions under Article 5 of the Kyoto Prefectural Ryokan Business Law Enforcement Ordinance
- (12) When the guest otherwise fails to observe the rules of use stipulated by this facility
- If this facility cancels the accommodation contract based on the provisions of (4) or (6) in the preceding paragraph, this facility shall charge no fees for the accommodation services not provided to the guest yet.
- Article 8 (Registration of Accommodation)
The guest shall register the following matters at the reception (this reception) described in Article 11 on the day of the accommodation date.
- Name, age, gender, address, telephone number, occupation and e-mail address of the guest
- Nationality, passport number, point of entry into Japan and date of entry into Japan (for foreigners who do not reside in Japan)
- Departure date and expected time of departure
- Other matters deemed necessary by this facility
- Article 9 (Room Usage Time)
- The guest may use the room of this facility from 4 p.m. to 11 a.m. of the following day. However, if the guest stays for multiple days consecutively, he/she may use it all day except for the day of arrival or departure.
This facility may allow the guest to use the room outside of the hours stipulated in the preceding paragraph regardless of the provisions in that paragraph. In such event, this facility shall charge an additional fee set forth below.
- (1) Up to three extra hours: 30% of the basic accommodation fee
- (2) Up to six extra hours: 50% of the basic accommodation fee
- (3) Over six extra hours: 100% of the basic accommodation fee
In the event the guest stays for multiple days consecutively (three or more days), one of the time periods below shall be the room cleaning time and the person responsible for the room cleaning may enter except on the day of arrival and the day of departure.
- 11 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Article 10 (Compliance with the Rules of Use)
- In this facility, the guest shall comply with the rules of use presented within the facilities that have been concluded by this facility.
- Article 11(Business Hours)
The business hours of this facility and reception shall be as follow. The detailed business hours are described in the accompanying pamphlets, notices in various locations and in-room service directory, etc.
Reception service hours
- (1) Curfew of this facility: No curfew
(Those under the age of 18 years old are not accompanied by a guardian should please return by 10 p.m.)
- (2) Reception service hours (when it is available for check-in): 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
(This facility shall carry the luggage of the guest to the accommodation facilities only when the guest brings it with him/her at the time of check-in before 2 p.m.)
- (1) Curfew of this facility: No curfew
- Reception: 1F Wacoal Shin-Kyoto Bldg., 6 Nishikujoukitanouchi, Minami-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto
- The time give in paragraph 1 is subject to change if necessary and when unavoidable. In that case, the facility shall make an announcement with an appropriate method.
- Article 12 (Payment of Fees)
- The breakdown of the accommodation fees that should be paid by the guest are set forth in Appendix 1.
- The full amount of the basic accommodation fee in the preceding paragraph should be paid before the designated date (the same time as the conclusion of the accommodation contract in principle) by cash (Japanese yen) or a credit card accepted by this facility. Additional fees shall be paid by credit card at the reception on the designated date (the same time as the conclusion of the accommodation contract in principle), when checking in or when billed by this facility.
- The guest shall pay the accommodation fee if the customer chooses not to stay after this facility provides him/her with a room and it becomes available to use.
- Article 13 (Responsibilities of This Facility)
- If a guest suffers damages as a result of the non-performance of the accommodation contract or any related contracts or due to any illegal acts, this facility shall indemnify those damages up to 100,000 yen except for the case where such damage is caused by the intent or gross negligence on the part of this facility. However, the foregoing sentence shall not apply unless it is caused by a reason attributable to the responsibility of this facility.
- The responsibility for accommodation by this facility shall start when the guest registers for accommodation at the reception or when entering the facilities, and shall end when the facilities have been vacated at the departure of the guest.
- This facility carries a hotel liability insurance to deal with fires and other emergencies. However, damages may not be compensated when they fall under the exemption clause in the insurance contract.
- Article 14 (Handling If the Contracted Room is Not Available)
- If it is unavailable to provide the contracted room to the guest, this facility shall arrange for him/her to stay at another accommodation facility under the similar conditions after obtaining his/her approval.
- If it is unavailable to make arrangements for the guest to stay at another accommodation facility notwithstanding the provisions in the preceding paragraph, this facility shall pay the guest compensation money of an amount equivalent to the contract breach penalty stated in Appendix 2 and this compensation money shall be allocated to the amount of damages. However, if the unavailability of the room is not caused by a reason attributable to the responsibility of this facility, this facility shall not pay the compensation money.
- In case of the preceding paragraph, this facility shall not bear any responsibility for compensation other than the compensation money.
- Article 15(Handling of Deposited Items)
- This facility shall not take deposit of goods, cash or valuables (hereinafter "Goods etc." in this Article) except for the case provided for under Article 11. 1 (2). If Goods etc. deposited with this facility under Article 11.1 (2) or Goods etc. brought into this facility by the guest are lost or otherwise damaged by intent or gross negligence of this facility, this facility shall indemnify for such damages. However, this facility shall indemnify damages up to a maximum of 100,000 yen for items for which the guest has not notified their details or value in advance, except the damage was caused by intent or gross negligence on the part of this facility.
- Article 16 (Storage of Guests' Hand Luggage)
- This facility (including the reception) does not take the advance deposit of hand luggage from the guest in principle. In the event that hand luggage arrives at this reception before the arrival of the guest, this facility shall store at its responsibility only if this facility has given its consent before the arrival and shall then hand it over to the guest when checking in at the reception.
- In the event the hand luggage or personal belongings of the guest are left in this facility after the guest's check out, this facility shall store them for a period of seven days, including the day of discovery, in principle and then deliver them to the nearest police station. However, this facility shall immediately deliver valuables to the nearest police station. Furthermore, this facility reserves the right to dispose of foods and drinks, magazines and other goods similar to waste goods on the day of their discovery (when cleaning).
- This facility reserves the right to inspect the left hand luggage or personal belongings in order to appropriately process them depending on the nature of their contents and then process them according to the preceding paragraph as necessary. The guest has no right to raise any objection against this.
- The responsibility of this facility for the storage of the guest's hand luggage and personal effects in the case of Paragraph 1 and Paragraph 2 shall conform to the provisions in the preceding article.
- Article 17 (Parking Lot)
- This facility shall not provide a parking lot for guests in principle. Please use a nearby coin-operated parking lot.(Excluding NISHIJIN VILLA #5)
- Even in the event the guest uses a parking lot in this facility (NISHIJIN VILLA #5) or coin-operated parking lot introduced by this facility, this facility will not take any responsibility for the management of the his/her vehicle. This facility shall take no responsibility for any theft, loss or damage to any vehicles, their accessories or items loaded onto them in the said parking lot.
- This facility shall take no responsibility for any theft, loss or damage to any vehicles, their accessories or items loaded onto them in a parking lot not managed by this facility.
- Article 18 (Responsibilities of the Guest)
- If this facility suffers any costs of guest room cleaning or repair and maintenance of the room, loss of sales opportunities, or any other damages, due to any reason attributable to the guest's act of violating this Agreement or Usage Rules or any other reasons attributable to the guest's responsibility, the said guest shall indemnify for the damages suffered by this facility.
- Article 19（Jurisdiction and Governing Law）
- Any disputes which may arise in relation to this agreement shall be settled according to the laws of Japan at a district court or summary court with jurisdiction over the location of this facility.
- Article 20（Exemptions from Responsibility for This Facility）
- This facility shall take no responsibility for any noise or vibrations from the neighborhood.
- There are facilities with low ceilings and stairs due to the characteristics of an old building. Please understand that this facility take no responsibility even if the guest is injured in the facilities except for the case where such damage is caused by the intent or gross negligence on the part of this facility. Please take full responsibility by yourself.
- This facility does not serve meals. However, in the event arrangements are made for meals as needed by the guest as options or other services at the time of reservation, the provision of said meals shall be made under a contract between the said meal provision and the guest; this facility shall take no responsibility.
- This facility may make amendments or changes to this agreement due to any changes in the social/economic situation or other circumstances.
- Article 21（Governing Language）
- This agreement is prepared both in Japanese and English. However, the foreign language version (English) is for reference only. If there is any discrepancy or inconsistency between the Japanese and the foreign language versions, the Japanese version shall prevail.
Accommodation Fees Calculation Method (Related to Article 2.1 and Article 12.1)
Breakdown Total amount that
should be paid by the guest
Accommodation fee Basic accommodation fee (room fee)[NISHIJIN VILLA]JPY 150,000-[Others]JPY 80,000-(Those under the age of elementary school are not included in the number of people) Additional fees Option Tax Consumption tax is charged separately
Damages for Breach of Contract
(Related to Article 6.2 and Article 14.2)
No Stay Day of Stay 1 to 2 Days before Stay 3 to 7 Days before Stay 8 to 21 Days before Stay Damages for
breach of contract for
the accommodation fee
100% 100% 80% 50% 30% Damages for breach of
contract for optional fees
100% 100% 100% 100% 50%
Note: If the number of contract days is reduced, this facility shall charge damages for breach of contract for an amount equivalent to the number of days of the reduction.
Rules of Use
We ask that you obey the following rules when using this facility in order to maintain its publicness and safety. If you fail to obey these rules, we will not let you continue your stay according to Article 9 of the Lodging Agreement. In addition, we will not assume responsibility for any accident that may occur as a result of your failure to comply with these rules. We would appreciate your utmost care on this matter.
- 1. Safety and Security Rules
- Please check the evacuation route map and emergency exits.
- Please check that the facility is locked when you go out and please check the locks (of windows and entrance door) when you are in your room or asleep.
- Please do not open the door to suspicious person's visit.
- Please stop the hot water supply after using the bathroom and washroom.
- 2. Acts Prohibited inside This Facility
- Use of heating instruments (e.g. portable stoves) for heating or cooking, or use of electrical appliances (e.g. irons) other than those already equipped in this facility
- Pranks or tampering with firefighting equipment
- Transfer, process, take out or using for a purpose other than its original intended use of equipment or articles in this facility
Bringing in the following items:
- (i) Animals, birds, etc. (excluding guide dogs
- (ii) Chemicals for which possession is prohibited by law including stimulants, narcotics, etc.
- (iii) Easily ignitable or flammable gunpowder, volatile oils or chemicals at risk of causing harm to the body
- (iv) Firearms, swords and similar items without a permit
- (v) A large quantity of items or weighty goods
- (vi) Malodorant materials
- (vii) Garbage or goods that would impede the hygiene of guest rooms
- (viii) Electrical appliances, cookware and other items you intend to use inside this facility
- (ix) Other items that this facility prohibits you from bringing in
- Loud voices, loud singing, loud noises, gambling, and acts that would cause unpleasantness or inconvenience to neighboring residents by corrupting public morals or peace. (In particular, conversations in loud voices in this facility and near the entranceway are strictly prohibited after 8 p.m.)
- Leaving this facility in nightwear or slippers
- Taking out fixtures of this facility other than the amenities
- Burning incense or aromas inside this facility
- Using bathing powder in the bathtubs inside this facility
- Bathing while intoxicated or use of hair dyes, bleaches, etc. in the bathrooms
- Any acts offensive to public order or morals
- Commercial activities
- Use of the facility for purposes other than lodging (e.g. parties or banquets)
- Entry of strangers (except for services arranged through the reception)
- Distribution of flyers, handbills and other advertising materials inside this facility or on the premises
- Use of photographs, etc. taken inside this facility or on the premises for business purposes without permission
- Any other acts that may impede the safety and hygiene of this facility
- 3. Handling of Valuables and Deposited Items
- We cannot accept responsibility for any damage due to loss or destruction of your valuables or deposited items during your stay.
- 4. Advance Payment
- We will refuse to make an advance payment on your behalf for shopping, tickets, taxi fares, postage stamps or luggage shipping charges.
- 5. Contamination, Damage or Loss of Equipment or Fittings inside This Facility
- We will charge you the actual cost if you contaminate, damage or lose any equipment or fittings of this facility.
OUR POLICY ON USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We, Wacoal Corporation as an operator of the "Kyo no Ondokoro" townhouses, take privacy very seriously and undertake to collect and use your personal data in compliance with applicable privacy laws including the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"). Below is our policy on how we collect and use your personal data.
We may modify, add to, or delete part of this policy from time to time. You can obtain the latest version at the following link:
- 1. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND ON WHAT GROUND
On your reservation directly made with us or via third-party booking agencies and during the service provided to you thereafter, we collect your personal data including your name, home and mobile phone numbers, residential and email addresses, your nationality, date and time of arrival and departure, any special request, observations about your service preferences, reference number issued by your booking agency, security camera records of your entry to the townhouse and other information related to your reservation of and stay at your townhouse.
We use your personal data only for the following purposes on the respective legal grounds:
- to identify you, and provide you with our services you request, including facilitating reservation, payment processing, sending administrative information to you, accommodating your stay and responding to your enquiries on the legal ground that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you. If you do not provide the data we request, we may not be able to provide the requested services;
- to keep our operation record on the legal ground that it is necessary for compliance with the legal obligation we are subject to;
- to manage our marketing program, including sending you emails with our offers and promotions on the legal ground that it is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, which is to promote and improve our services; and
- to secure safety of your accommodation on the legal ground that it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, which is to keep our operation in order complying with the laws and the local ordinances.
We track and record your use of our services through cookies. Cookies enable us and others to monitor your browsing behavior.
- 2. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We will keep most of your personal data as long as necessary to provide our services to you, comply with applicable laws and ordinances including those on data retentions, resolve any disputes and conduct our ordinary businesses otherwise. We will normally keep your personal data for 10 years after your checkout in accordance with the legal obligations we are subject to and/or establish, exercise or defense any legal claims.
- 3. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
- Apart from the booking agencies you made your reservation with, and other third-party service providers for the purpose described in this policy including the companies that provide payment processing, order fulfillment and security services, we will not disclose your personal data to anybody else without your consent, unless we are required to disclose them to public authorities by any legal obligations we are subject to.
- 4. YOUR LEGAL RIGHT
Provided that certain conditions are met, you have the legal rights to request from us the following:
- information on what personal data we have about you and access to your personal data and other supplementary information;
- having your personal data rectified;
- having your personal data erased;
- having our processing of your personal data frozen;
- obtaining your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
- having our processing of your personal data stopped; and
- right not to be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
If you wish to exercise your right, please contact us.
- 5. COMPLAINT
- You can lodge complaints about our way of processing your personal data with data protection supervisory authority of your country of residence.
- 6. INQUIRY
For further information and inquiry, contact:
- Akihiro Kusunoki
- General Manager, Machiya Sales Division
- WACOAL CORPORATION